Detroit Fire Department
The Detroit Fire Department provides a safe environment for Detroit’s citizens and visitors through public education enforcement of fire codes and deployment of efficient emergency response resources.
Interim Fire Commissioner,
8 Battalion Chiefs
300-400 total daily EMS runs
2 Fire Boats
Responds to ~ 3 to 9 structure fires on a daily basis
6 Squads (Tactical Mobile Squads)
40 Fire Stations
24 Medic Units
Hazardous Material Response Unit
• Improve EMS response times to critical cardiac-related incidents through the utilization of Rapid Response Units staffed with Firefighters/EMT’s and EMS Technicians and having all fire suppression personnel who are not trained as EMT’s, trained and certified as Medical First Responders with properly equipped apparatus.
• Improve revenue collections and identify new revenue streams by utilizing a private vendor.
• Develop internal fiscal control measures consistent with city policy that address prior audit findings.
• Digitize organizational processes and develop performance metrics for all division heads.
• Improve employee development through continuous training and educational opportunities.
• Operate within our budget as appropriated